Sunday, October 30, 2011

AVIS Car Rental - Massive Discount (more than 50% off!)

I've just discovered how to get a massive discount on Avis car rental. I compared renting an Avis car via my dutch Airline company rewards program (KLM Flying Blue - Gold Member) and via an advertisement on TripIt for the same 21 day period for an intermediate car in South Africa. The difference in the Avis price was astonishing, the Tripit-add price was less than half the cost via the KLM program, more than €500 in savings!

There are two ways you can get the discount
1) Create a TripIt account, and create a new trip to the destination you want to go. An Avis advertisement should appear on the first day of your trip. Click on the Avis advert to make a booking (handy that dates are already filled in on the Avis site based on your flights, if these are already entered). Make your booking and enjoy the discount...
2) Go directly to the Avis site, and create your booking and use this AWD to claim your discount - B846000.

Disclaimer: I am not affiliated or working for either TripIt or Avis, I just stumbled on this by accident. I don't know how long this will work, and I'm not responsible for any losses/incidents/whatever if you use or try to use this tip, or if it doesn't work.

Enjoy the Discount!

No comments: